Script for choosing a value for a custom defined field

Ralf Ralf
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2015

Hi everybody, 

as it is not possible to display custom defined fields if they have no value I did the following for a text area: at the first workflow transation I run the script mentioned below to set the value ' - '. So the field has an value and ist shown, it works fine. But now  I have the same problem for a select box - but unfortunately the script doesn't work.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
def category = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Kategorie'};

def changeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder();
category.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(category), 'bitte wählen'), changeHolder);

issue.store();

What is my fault? Or has anybody an idea what to do to display custoim defined fields without values?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

You'll need an option! I'll point people to Hennings answer (please give him a vote):

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/259390

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events