Screen tab security: show screen tab(s) for group(s) or project role(s) only

Pascal Collard December 21, 2011

Hello;
I don't think this is possible "out of the box" (nothing mentionning it in the 4.4 doc) but I would like to display tabs in screens based on the logged in user's group / role.

I believe I can only configure field security, correct?

Would a listener script do the trick in such case?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2011

No there is nothing out of the box, assuming you mean field tabs and not issue tab panels. I don't see how a listener is appropriate here.

You can do stuff with javascript to hide tabs, but you need to make sure that the same restrictions apply to the SOAP and REST APIs, which is more complicated.

Do you want some groups to not see the content or just not to edit them? If the latter you could use a validator... it's not a very pleasant user experience though, as people aren't told they can't do stuff til they've done it.

Hello Jamie;
What we would like is, depending on the user (group) creating / editing an issue, display or not specific screen tab(s)

What if I set the field security to not show to the use group? Would the tab still be shown if all fields in it are not shown to the user group?

Thank you.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2011

Field security... are you talking about a plugin? If so which one? This is not in base jira.

Indeed, I thought JIRA would allow field configuration context but this is only for custom fields. My bad.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events