Same email is creating and issue every 2 minutes

Kathy Tempesta August 13, 2015

We have a support queue set up to create issues automatically from email. Since yesterday afternoon, the same email is generating a new ticket every 2 minutes. There's no sign anywhere that this is an email bounce from the senders server. It just seems like a copy of the same email is hitting the system over and over and over. 

I only have access to front end admin and the person who handles the JIRA back end is on vacation. Is there ANYTHING I can do to stop this? I can go to our company IT if I have specific questions or requests but I don't know where to start. We're on v5.0.7.

HELP! 

Thx,

Kathy

1 answer

0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Hello Kathy,

Since you are on JIRA 5.0.7, this might be relevant for you. 

[Issue | https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Duplicate+Issue+Creation,+Comments+or+Notifications?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=engineer_issuesuggestions]

There is also a workaround mentioned in that but upgrading to JIRA 6.3.9 and above will resolve the problem.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer