SQL query on Jira user properties

In our Jira environment (v4.3) we use the user properties feature to store metadata against a user. We'd like to be able to report on user's by these properties.

Can someone advise which table stores the user properties & what key it uses to link to the cwd_user table?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tim,

I think this is what you are looking for:

select * 
  from propertyentry pe, 
    propertystring ps,
    external_entities ee
  where pe.ID = ps.ID
    and ee.ID = pe.ENTITY_ID
    and PROPERTY_KEY like 'jira.meta.%'

But you should of course rather use the public interface, something like:

PropertySet properties = userPropertyManager.getPropertySet(user);

Hope this helps,

-Bjarni

Thanks for the heads up! I ended up modifying it to join the cwd_user table so I can view the users that it's applied to:

select pe.property_key, cu.user_name, cu.email_address from propertyentry pe JOIN cwd_user cu ON pe.entity_ID = cu.id where property_key LIKE "%jira.meta%" order by cu.email_address;
This widget could not be displayed.

If I understand correctly, the table should be CWD_USER_ATTRIBUTES.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it must be a different table from this one - I added a new property to a user (Admin > Users > Edit properties) and cannot see it in this table.

Any other suggestions?

Tim

If you are using crowd, it is cwd_user_attribute and we use this in a query to get information all the time. I am not sure JIRA uses the crowd support for its attributes.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you