Running Jira on Windows 10 or Windows Subsystem fro Linux?

Adam Lee December 27, 2018

Hello everyone, I'm sure it's been asked before but I can't seem to find a guide for it. Is there a guide/tutorial for running Jira on a Windows host for trial/development? At the moment I am running on a shared Linux server in my office, but the performance during peak hours isn't on par with my expectation. 

2 answers

3 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2018

Once installed JIRA runs on Windows that same as other OS. The install process is very simple. When asked you want to say YES to run as a service. Just download the windows install package. The instructions are included.  

Thank you. I overthought the problem. Of course there is an installer native for Windows. I'm already up and running with my imported data. 

Like Jeff Audette likes this
1 vote
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2018

Thanks! I'm already up and running using the installer found in your link. That was easy!

Suggest an answer