Running Crowd and JIRA on same machine with the Atlassian SDK

Titus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

Hi,

I wanna run Crowd and JIRA on the same machine. Both shall be started with atlas-run or atlas-debug because I need to be able to debug my projects in Eclipse.

Both are using amps in the version 8.0.0. Crowd version is 3.4.3 and Jira version is 8.1.0 becaue I need to check for SAML support in the new Crowd Datacenter 3.4.3.

After I started Crowd I want to start Jira which fails with the reason of:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin:8.0.0:run (default-cli) on project secsignid: jira: The configured AJP port, 8009, is in use -> [Help 1]

Can anyone tell me how to cinfigure the ajp port in the pom.xml

Whenever I configure that in the server.xml it will be overwritten or ignored.

The server.xml can be found under:

./target/container/tomcat8x/apache-tomcat-8.5.35/conf/server.xml

Or even better, I do not need AJP at all. How can I turn it off in the pom.xml?

And no, I do not want to build up a complex infrastructure and a real tomcat, I just want to start Crowd and Jira as I could do with AMPS 6.2.11 and Tomcat 6x.

Cheers Titus

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hi Titus,

I am not sure if you can edit the pom.xml in order to set this value.  However I found this piece of SDK documentation: atlas-run

Which provides us command line options at the time of calling atlas-run in order to set parameters like the ajp port.

As such you should then just be able to call this

atlas-run --product jira --ajp-port 9123

or some other unused port on the system in order to get past this error.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer