Running Bonfire plugin in chrome 24.0.1312.57 m fails

I have sucsessfully installed Bonfire plugin in chrome and the icon is shown as expected, but when i press the icon the whole plugin dies in crome without any notice of what is wrong. Crome sais the plugin has terminated, and i can reload it. When i Do, the plugin starts, but when i again press the plugin icon, the same thing happens.

Furthermore, i am not able to configure the plugin by selecting alternatives when pressing the right mouse key.

In short, I am not able to use Bonfire with my favourite browser.

The plugin for IE works fine.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hans - are you starting Bonfire in an empty or system tab in Chrome? There's been a bug in Chrome which has caused Bonfire to crash when you start it in those tabs. More details are here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BON-1698

To workaround, just start Bonfire in any other browser tab that isn't a Chrome system tab.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,083 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot