Role of system administrator

Panshul Gupta January 21, 2013

Hello,

What is the role of system administrator in my on demand instance of jira?

How can I change its access credentials or how can I log into the system as a sys admin?

Thank You,

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

No role. You can't login a sysadmin. It is protected an only Atlassian accesses it.

Panshul Gupta January 21, 2013

So how do I add my user to Global Admin Group?

How do I perform Imports into my instance? or manage the Global permissions?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

You can't. You are not allowed in OnDemand. There are restrictions are described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2013

To be clear, OnDemand has a few extra tools that normal (non-system) administrators can use to do some of this work. For example, there is a different import tool. Global permissions (aside from the "JIRA System Administrators" permission) can still be configured as normal.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

i deleted my answer...didn't knew that onDemand differs in that case :)

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

hi.

you will need to create a new group i.e. jira-system-administrators.

put your user in that group

edit global permissions and choose this group to have "Jira System Administrator" Permission

Suggest an answer