Restricting Issue Visibility Per User in Jira Data Center

의연 윤 April 2, 2024

Hello Community,

I'm currently managing a Jira Data Center instance and am exploring options to enhance our project's security and privacy measures. Specifically, I'm looking for a way to restrict issue visibility on a per-user basis. Our goal is to ensure that certain issues are only visible to designated users, beyond the standard project roles and group permissions setup.

Has anyone successfully implemented a solution for this requirement? If so, could you share your approach or recommend any plugins or configurations that might help? We're interested in both built-in features and third-party add-ons that are compatible with Jira Data Center.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and recommendations!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024
의연 윤 April 2, 2024

@John Funk 

Thank you for your response :) 

We have also reviewed the issue level security feature in Jira but encountered a situation where we cannot specify or group users for settings. As an example, we have a scenario where an employee creates an issue for a specific request to the security team, and we want only the issue creator and the assignee to have access to view the issue. This structure would result in approximately 100 users being involved. Could you suggest any possible solutions for this situation?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

Sure - you can have multiple security levels that you create based on different needs. So you can apply whichever one is the case. In this situation, create a level based on just the Assignee and Reporter having access. Though I tend add the Jira Admin group as well to all levels for troubleshooting. But you can leave that out if it is very sensitive. 

Like 의연 윤 likes this

Suggest an answer