Restrict the view of the attachment

Hi Team,

Can we restrict the view of the attachment similarly which we use during commenting an issue. Let me give you an example :

Suppose I am working with another developer on a particular issue and commented (with view of developer restricted) and attached a screenshot on that issue. So, the reporter / user will not able to view that comment however, he / she will be able to view the attachment since the user will get a notification for the attachment event as well as he view it from the web UI as well which is not required for user or he / she may not understand that what we wanted to achieve with that screenshot.

This is a feature Request type of request.

Thanks,

Qualcomm Atlassian Support

1 answer

Please see the following answer this question.

The short answer is a feature request is still outstanding and the workaround is to create a subtask put the attachment in the subtask. The subtask would be restricted and so will the attachment.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31749/limit-visibility-of-jira-issue-attachments

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

25 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you