Restrict sub-task types according to parent type

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012

Hi,

I have few Issue types and few sub-task types.

I want to prevent the user from creating some sub-tasks for some parents.

for example:

I have sub-task, sub-bug and sub-tech (all of sub-tasks type).

I want users to be able to only create sub-task for Stories.

I want users to be able to only create sub-bug & sub-tech for Features.

How do I achieve that?

Thanks,

Janiv.

4 answers

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

hi janiv

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/119531/customizing-the-sub-task-types-based-on-the-issue-type

has aldeady been discussed several times...

atm this is not possible like you need...

0 votes
KhongMingA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

I believe this feature request is what are you looking for Janiv.

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7990

Please vote on this to increase the popularity.
However at this moment, i don't see any related plugin that can achieve this requirement other than develop own custom plugin or script

Thanks for understanding.
KM

0 votes
GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2012

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J.

0 votes
GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2012

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J.

Suggest an answer