Restrict Access to issues within a project

Andrew White May 29, 2015

Hi,

I need to make it so that a user can only see and edit issues which they have raised within a project.  All other users should maintain full access to all issues.

We currently do not have issue security enabled -  Am i correct in saying that creating a security level which grants access to all users except the user i do not want to have full access as well as the issue reporter would give me what I need?

However this seems quite a convoluted method - is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2015

Hi Andrew!

Setting up Issue Security Levels is indeed the best way to achieve this. As you can setup security schemes in a per-project basis, you could make it so that every issue created on that project would only be accessible by its reporter and one or more groups of people.

Also, setting up multiple security levels will also enable you to easily change the security level of a particular issue, so that you can narrow down the access even more or grant a wider access. That, of course, can only be changed by a user with permission to do so by having the Set Issue Security Level permission.

Let me know if you need any additional clarification on any of the above. wink

--
Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer