Resources Planning Gantt

Philipp Goennenwein September 5, 2018

Hello together,

I am new and maybe someone asked the same before, I couldn't find something similar.

So my questestion ist:

We are planing a big Project, with a few subprojects in our company. The 4 Workes track would track their time threw Jira. I visualized the whole process in the Gantt Diagram as Tasks. An issue is  for example defined as followed:

Task 1:

Start Date: 05.09.2018

End Date: 06.09.2018

Original Estimate: 2d

Task 2:

Start Date: 06.09.2018

End Date 08.09.2018

Original Estimate: 2d

For this example I just chose one Worker.

Now the Problem is:

In the Gantt Graph, we can see the rescources in the bottom row. My Worker is now working 8h at 05.09.2018, 13h at 06.09.2018, 5h at 07.09.2018 and 5h at 06.09.2018

So Jira/Ganttt is going to splitt the 2d from Task 1 to the two Day period of the Task 1 (8h/1d) and the 2d from Task 2 to the 3 Day period of the Task 2 (5h/1d).

Is it possible, to let Jira say, never plan a worker for more than 8h/1d? Or can I seperate manage the time, when the worker has to work and wich task?

I hope that wasnt too complicated. 

Thanks for the help

1 answer

0 votes
Matti Kiviharju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Who is the vendor who created the Gantt Chart Add-on which you using?

Philipp Goennenwein September 7, 2018

It is SoftwarePlant. It is calles BigGantt

Matti Kiviharju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Then it is not made by my self so I can not give support. So someone else must anwerd to this.

Philipp Goennenwein September 7, 2018

Okay thank you :) U understood what my Problem is?

Suggest an answer