Resolutions are not stored

Ana Martins November 17, 2013

Hello,

New to Jira here. I setup the resolution screen to appear in all transitions to done. This part works, everytime I "close" an issue the resolution screen appears. But if I chose a resolution different from "done" e.g. duplicate or fixed, this is ignored and the resolution is always stored as "done". Can someone help me out? I am not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

As Rahul Suggested, you check any postfunction directly updating the field.

in the above check Resolution set to Done

or check any other postfunction which generates ISSUE_UPDATED event. It triggers all event listeners which listen the event and may change Resolution their also.

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Check the workflow post functions if there is any function which sets the resolution to done for that transition. That is the only way resolution is getting set to a default value every time and overwriting yours.

Rahul

Suggest an answer