Reset failed login attempts with Atlassian Cloud

Sasha Reminnyi July 4, 2017

Hi guys!

Is there a way to reset invalid login attempts count on Atlassian Cloud? 

We use an add-on that is using my credentials to access Atlassain Confluence, and it seems that I locked it and the add-on returns "The maximum number of failed login attempts has been reached".

I've searched through and it seems there are some mechanisms to reset this number on Atlassian Server installations (like this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-reset-failed-login-count-from-within-jira-442270086.html) But I don't see this options on Atlassian Cloud user management pane. 

Please advice.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sasha Reminnyi July 11, 2017

The solution is to submit a support ticket to Atlassian directly. They can reset the counter by directly accessing Atlassian Cloud DB.

Workaround - change username. The counter is bound specifically to the username, so changing it and waiting up to 24 hours should also resolve the issue. 

1 vote
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

What was the maximum # of attempts?  I am trying to find that information.

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

I understand you have a support ticket open for this. I hope you will have time to update us here so we can find out what you learn from support.

0 votes
Robert Adach April 12, 2018

I was experiencing the same issue, and the Support team indicated I had not failed attempts. I realized that although we log in using our email addresses, some users were setup with a different user id (including myself). One we used the "correct" username, we were able to login.

Suggest an answer