Required field

Lior Pesoa October 18, 2011

Hi,

I made "Fix Version/s" as a Required field and added it to the "Edit" screen of Bugs.

My problem is that when you create a new bug (you don't have a "Fix Version/s" field) and then you want to edit this bug, you can't save it without adding a "Fix Version", but you still don't have any Fix Version for this bug.

Fix Version should be added only by developers when they fixed the bug.

But as a QA I sometimes need to edit the bug (before it been fixed) and I can't...

Any ideas?

I have the Behaviours plugin (maybe it can help)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

You can use the behaviours plugin alone, although you might find it easier to use the "fields required validator" from jira suite utilities plugin. Just adjust your workflow so that the resolve action has a validator requiring this field.

The behaviours plugin can help here because you can create a behaviour, and check the box "validate required from JSU" (or similar text). Then it will mark the field as required in the UI, and won't allow you to submit until it's entered.

The problem with the JSU validator alone is that the field is not marked as required in the UI, and you don't know until you submit, which does not make for the best user experience.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events