Report by Squads

Antonio Saraiva Junior
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

Hello Guys, 

What the Better way to generate reports (to export) and dashbords (on jira) to a project with 4 squads. 

for example: 

% of conclusion of an epic/story by squad and others metrics by squad because I not have associations between storys and squad. 

At day by day, we have 4 boards (one by squad), but to extract data and assembly a view to Dashboard I think is not possible. 

Question:

What the better way for this scenario? 

Create FieldCustom, Create Tags (not god when I export to CSV for generate external reports) or exist other way that I unknow.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hello Antonio,

Could you please let us know what are "Squads" in your JIRA application? Is this a group of users or something like that?

I think the best way to achieve your goal would be to add the "squad" value in the issues by using labels or any other custom fields. Per your description, you have a limited number of "Squads", so a select list custom field would be enough to achieve your need.

Here are the specific steps:

- Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Field

- Create a Select list Custom Field (Single or multiple choice) and add each "Squad" as an option in that field

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 18.46.40.png

- Add the custom field to your project screens

- Select the correct Squad(s) for your new issues, so when you export it to CSV this information will be displayed in a column.

For your existing issues, if there's a way to determine through another field (Assignee, Reporter, etc) what is the squad of an issue, you can create filters to return the issues of a specific squad and bulk update it with the correct value.

Let us know if this information helps.

Antonio Saraiva Junior
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2019

Thanks by reply @Petter Gonçalves 

Squad for us is Developer Team. 

So, the have any configuration at JIRA that conect devteams to Sprints or only creating custom fields. 

Just to clarify, I solve my problem creating a field custom. 

Thanks. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2019

Thank you for your answer, Antonio.

I'm glad to know my suggestion has helped you.

Like Antonio Saraiva Junior likes this

Suggest an answer