Report: How many tickets did I close in one month

Paresh Motiwala March 22, 2016

How can I run this report?

I am really new to this one and have no clue.

Have to present this information today.

Any help is welcome.

Paresh Motiwala

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

You could set up a Queue called "Issues closed last month" in your service desk.

Your filter should be something like this:

Project = yourProject AND resolutiondate <= endOfMonth("-1") AND resolutiondate >= startOfMonth("-1")

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira063/advanced-searching-functions-683542527.html

Instead of the endOfMonth() and  startOfMonth() functions, you could use fixed dates if that's more what you need. Or you could say "The issues resolved in the last 30 days" with this simple query: 

resolved >= -30d

As long as you can compose a filter that gets you the issues you want, you can report on it.

1 vote
Daniel Faba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

Use JQL in the search issues screen. Something like: 

assignee = currentUser() and resolved &gt;= startOfMonth()

or modify the time period to meet your exact need.

Also, you might want to save that search as a filter.

Hope that helps!

0 votes
Paresh Motiwala March 22, 2016

awesome folks, this worked....Thank you a million times..

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2016

Out of curiosity, which solution did you go with?

0 votes
Florian Kollin March 22, 2016

Just because I like to see how things can done in more than one way I'll add the idea that I came up with:

resolution changed TO Done by currentUser() AFTER startOfMonth()

where you'd have to change "Done" to whatever the status is called in your project. You can also leave out the "TO Done" part if you just want to see changes in general. 

As noted by the others "startOfMonth()" is not exactly what you were asking for smile

Suggest an answer