Rendering multi user picker field in email notification

Hi!

I want to put the values from multi user picker field in the email notifications.

I use this:

$!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, 'customfield_12700')

But in the email notifications I get user logins, not display names.

$!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, 'customfield_12700').displayName, of course, does nothing, because I have several users in the field.

How can I use for loop to put all user display names in the notification?

2 answers

have you figured this out?

Hi there! I put in a question for this a little while ago here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38846365

This issue has been fixed and released as of version 7.0.19 https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/JETI-1243

smile

Hi Raina,

Hmm, do I need to change any settings to get full names to work? 

Hi Angela,

What version of jETI are you using?

Hmmm... it was my understanding that it would work with the username and full name displayed.
Tagging @Tibor Hegyi [META-INF]. Since he worked on the change, he might be able to assist here. smile

He said that displaying full names for multi user picker fields is not possible right now, but in the roadmap. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

442 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you