Remove Crowd from Jira and use only active directory

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Currently we are using crowd for JIRA and Confluence. In future we would like to use only Active directory (groups to be created). What are the steps I need to follow inorder to make sure no user have trouble logging in?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Hi,

Are you using the crowd internal directory, or is crowd using AD for population?

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

we are using AD for authentication ; crowd we create all groups  

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Then you have 2 options, create the groups in AD or in confluence/jira (i would prefer AD).

Then you have to link AD to confluence and jira, to make sure you see the users and groups from AD.

Then you just need to switch the order so that AD gets higher priority in the directory list.

I suggest to test this in either a demo/test environment or during a fixed downtime window.

You can't be sure there won't be any logon problems at all, but as the usernames are the same, there shouldn't be any login problems as long as your groups have the right permissions in the tool.

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2018

Thanks Laurens, i thought the same

Suggest an answer