Releasing project fails in Jira because of Bamboo

Asmo Tuomisto December 3, 2012

We have Jira 4.4.1 and Bamboo 2.6.1

When trying to make release in Jira it says that Failed to parse Bamboo plan list: JSONObject shortName not found.

What is this shortName, where could I find it?

Could I cut off the link between Jira and Bamboo, Is Bamboo then useless without Jira-connection?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hi there,

As per mentioned in the related support request that you have raised, I believe that the error may happen because JIRA 4.4.1 is not compatible with Bamboo 2.6.1. JIRA is using JIRA Bamboo plugin to allow integration with a Bamboo instance, and since JIRA 4.4.1 ships with JIRA Bamboo plugin version 4.3 which apparently is only compatible for Bamboo 3.2 and above, I believe that this could be the root cause of the problem.

Hence in order to fix this problem, you may kindly upgrade your Bamboo version to a later version to allow integration with JIRA 4.4.1. Alternatively if you are not using Bamboo feature in JIRA (such as releasing a version and link it to a plan), you may kindly remove the application link in between JIRA and Bamboo, and Bamboo should still be working separately.

I hope that this will help.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer