Releasing 2 products from one project

Tomasz Krakowiak May 16, 2023

Hi,

I am planning on managing 2 products (2 github repos) with one jira project. Github release is triggering an action which triggers jira automation (with webhook) to create jira release. Can I create 2 releases for 2 different products using same project and same webhook?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Tomasz Krakowiak 

I guess it should work.. When you trigger webhook from GIthub it contains a information about version tag name so if using "Log Action" and "Release Version" actions it should recognize which version is released on Github and based on that also release version of Jira no matter if you use one or more products. You should simply add webhook information on two repositories and when Jira receives it, would read log information and trigger necessary action. Problem might be if the version tag names of the separate products are actually then same.. so I think those names should be unique is some way and be aligned with information in Jira project. You should simply give it a try.

Here is more information about this type of integrations

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation074/how-to-integrate-jira-and-github-using-automation-for-jira-1141481190.html

Suggest an answer