Refreshed Prod JIRA Data into Test JIRA and now I am not able to login as Adminstrator

Gang

I followed below document and performed Test JIRA refresh with PROD JIRA . Post completion i am able to login as normal user but lost Admin authentication.

Also from the below document it doesnt say anything about Crowd Files. Do i have to replace any CROWD related files post migration ? we have CROWD enabled .

I am attaching the error message.

Cheers

Sandeep

2 answers

Not finding an option to upload attachment. A part of error log is below.

System Error

A system error has occurred.

Please try submitting this problem via the Support Request Page
Otherwise, please create a support issue on our support system at http://support.atlassian.comwith the following information:

1. a description of your problem

2. cut & paste the error and system information found below

3. attach the application server log file ( D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Data\JIRA\log\atlassian-jira.log )

Cause:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException

Stack Trace: [hide]

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:869)

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:79)

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.DelegatingCrowdService.authenticate(DelegatingCrowdService.java:35)

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.java:43)

at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl$InternalStaticDependencies.authenticate(LoginManagerImpl.java:394)

at

The problem is that the two versions for the applications are not compatible. Please check with crowd version & jira version.

Hello Satya

We have both versions identical , no changes. While we copy the files and folders from production , there is no mention about the Crowd Integration. The integration still points out to Crowd Production and not the test.

I just updated Crowd.properties file to point to Test , but still the issue persists.

Cheers

Sandeep

Can you please specify the procedure that you followed for test Jira i.e you have taken XML backup or database backup. Have you created a new Test crowd if so you can take over the Administrator access of existing user.

Hello Satya

I followed the below document. I did not change anything in Crowd as the document did not say anything about Crowd configuration.

All the steps are same , instead of DB restore i did XML restore. I did not do any changes to crowd, because i have other app's like Fisheye / Confluence / Bamboo using the same crowd. Just for JIRA if i change Crowd configurations then those app's might be affected.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA

Cheers

Sandeep

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,965 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot