React on Issue Edit / Transition Screen opening on the client side

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

Hello,

i am trying to manipulate the jira dialogues for issue edit / transition from Javascript.

There do not seem to be JIRA.Events to be fired in this case,

is there any other way to solve this?

I am trying to add a maximize icon into that screens.

I am also thinking of reacting on the page change that happens after an issue is transitioned.

Cheers

Jens

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

It seems to work using  JIRA.Events

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Hi @Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions,

There's an add-on (for both Jira Cloud and Jira Server) called the "Jira Toolkit Plugin" that provides two very helpful field types called "Message Custom Field (for view)" and "Message Custom Field (for edit)." These fields allow you to display text or HTML on your issue or workflow transition screens AND, if you have Jira Server, you can inject Javascript into them to control the edit screen or transition screen!

Here's the link to the free plugin:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit/server/overview

Other than that, there's always adding Javascript to the global announcement banner.  That's dangerous however; one little code error and you'll prevent your Jira pages from loading.  Always test Javascript in a test instance first!!

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Thanks Rachel, i am looking for an option that does not require to modify each screen.

Suggest an answer