Re-enabled Epics in Greenhopper after they were broken in earlier version, now can't get epics to work properly

David McGovern December 3, 2012

Recently we decided to try using Epics with Greenhopper, however when we enabled them in Labs and then tried to access our scrum board we got an internal server error.

I found this issue online, and it was said it would be fixed with an update in November. This update seems to have gone through and worked, so I can now enable Epics without getting the internal server error.

However, Epics are all kinds of broken for us. Currently any sub-tasks that have been created since we started using JIRA are showing up in the Epics column on the scrum board. I can't remove them. Plus I went ahead and created an issue type called Epic, which has an Epic Label field and uses the GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme. If I create an Epic by clicking on the + at the top of the Epics column it doesn't get added as an Epic in this column. If I create a sub-task under any story, it will get added to the Epic column. Very strange.

So, I need to know:

a) How to stop all our sub-tasks appearing as Epics

b) Get Epics working correctly, so that I can create them and then assign stories within them

This is very important, as we want to use a structure of EPIC -> Stories -> Sub-Tasks in future with Scrum.

Thanks in advance for any help!

David

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Ruflin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

Please contact support. You ran into following bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6927

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Does the filter behind your board only show issue types of Epic?

What are your columns and workflow on the scrum rapid board?

Suggest an answer