REST API to identify Deleted JIRA issues

Soujanya Rama
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2018

Hi,

I want to know the REST API that provides details/list of Deleted JIRA instances.
If not REST API, is there any other alternative ?

Thanks & Regards,
Soujanya

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2018

Delete really does delete them.  You can't report on things that are not there.

The best you can do is look at the numbers of issues in a project.   When there is a non-sequential gap (e.g. 4, 5, 6, , 8, 9) you know the issue (7) has been moved to another project or deleted.  You can check for move by trying to fetch it with the original name, Jira will return the issue in its current new place.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2018

You could look at the access log for the Delete REST API if you have access to the server. 

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2018

I once thought about allowing people to change the Issue Security level of issues to hide them from everyone, but it was too confusing to use

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2018

Hello,

What do you mean by 'Deleted Jira instances'? Do you mean deleted Jira issues? If so, it is not possible to get info about deleted issues. Issues are deleted permanently without any trace.

Suggest an answer