Question on Trending chart

Mohammed Jamaludeen April 6, 2017

we use JIRA for tracking IT Risk issues. One of the key issues that we track is known as "Exceptions". We would like to show the trend of these exceptions over the past 12 months (rolling) by "Created Date" data. Is there a Gadget in JIRA Dashboards that allows us to achieve this or can some other options be tried out ?

2 answers

0 votes
Mohammed Jamaludeen April 11, 2017

hi Thomas - Thanks for the reply but may be I didn't ask the right question. Here is what I wanted to see. The "Created vs Resolved" gadget works but we would like to see the data in a bar graph showing the trend by rolling months. I tried using "Average age" gadget which shows the number of days but I need the actual exceptions to be trending. any suggestions please ?? 

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2017

Hi Mohammed,

"Created vs. Resolved"-Chart could be, what you are looking for.

Create a filter: "issuetype = exception" and save that filter. Then use the new filter in the gadget.

The gadget is presenting the data for the last 300 days, not 12 months unfortunately. But maybe this is enough.

Mohammed Jamaludeen April 12, 2017

hi Thomas - Thanks for the reply but may be I didn't ask the right question. Here is what I wanted to see. The "Created vs Resolved" gadget works but we would like to see the data in a bar graph showing the trend by rolling months. I tried using "Average age" gadget which shows the number of days but I need the actual exceptions to be trending. any suggestions please ??

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events