Query: Linked issues from another project and type

Geoff Robles October 2, 2020

I would like to find all the issues in a project that link to a collection of projects using a specific link type.

ProjectA has "Has features" links to issues in other projects. I only care about specific projects. 

How do I build the query to only show ProjectA tickets that link to Project C and G?

It feels like I am close with this, but it's not showing me the right set of tickets.

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("resolution = unresolved", "Has features") and project in (ProjA, ProjC, ProjG)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

Hi,

Give it a try with this jql

project=A and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project in (ProjC, ProjG) and resolution = unresolved", "Has features")

Geoff Robles October 2, 2020

This worked! I did need to make a small tweak to it. The link type appears to use the link type on the ProjC and ProjG issues so I changed the "Has Features" to "Features in" 

Manoj Khaire June 17, 2021

When I tried doing this, I got this error - Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

How do I do resolve this?

Like Tara L Conklin likes this
Tara L Conklin September 16, 2021

Same. We are running Jira Cloud and I get the same error as a Jira Administrator. 

Linda Chang June 13, 2022

This works for me and ty Niranjan very much for this!

Suggest an answer