Projects Issue Screens

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2011

what is the faster way to map all project to a single screen?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2011

Hi Samir,

JIRA has the often confusing but very powerful concept of "schemes", which are a mapping between projects and configuration. You can set up configurations - for which fields are shown on a screen, in this example - and save it as a scheme. Every project that is set to use that scheme will share the same configuration from then on, and a change to one of them will affect all of them. When you create new projects, you can set to them to use that same scheme, and they will pick up all the existing settings and any future changes.

For example, let's say you have a Screen, called "Resolve Issue". In your Screen Schemes, you would have a scheme called "Default Screen Scheme", which defines which screens are used for which operations (e.g. use the "Resolve Issue" screen when resolving an issue).

Then we have an "Issue Type Screen Scheme", which defines which issue types are associated with which Screen Schemes. (e.g. all bugs use the "Default Screen Scheme").

So, if you want all projects to use the same configuration, you can set up one of each of these - one Screen Scheme and one Issue Type Screen Scheme. Then, when creating a new project, or from the project administration page for an existing project, assign that Issue Type Screen Scheme to it. From now on, all changes to screens should be shared across all projects.

This is a good place in the docs to start: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Defining+a+Screen

0 votes
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2011

Hi Penny yes i meant the collection of fields

in the create issue or modify issue..

I added custom field dropdown ,calendars last week and i mapped projects to it

today i added more projects so for these new project and in the create issue screen the custom fields where not showing..

In the end i remembered to check the custom fields and binded the projects

now it is working

but if you have another solution please share it with me to avoid this mistake in the future

thanks

0 votes
Edwin Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2011

In the top nav, click the drop down arrow next to 'Projects' and select 'View All Projects'

http://example.com/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all

0 votes
Deleted user July 13, 2011

What about adding the Projects gadget to the Dashboard and select all projects?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2011

Eric I didn t get your point of view .fine i added the gadget and then how to assign a single create issue screen to this project?

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2011

By "Projects Issue Screens", do you mean the screen that shows a summary of information about a project (e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA ), or a Screen as in a collection of fields, as defined under the Screens heading in JIRA administration?

Suggest an answer