Project not associated with default permissions or notification schemes

Mike Smart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2019

Hi folks, I'm not an expert on Jira but it seems project hasn't been associated with the Default permissions and notification schemes. I'm struggling to find a way of assigning the project to these schemes.

I'm an administrator for the project but alas that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help/hints would be appreciated :)

A lot of the documentation mentions an actions dropdown in the project settings, but I don't have that either.

2 answers

1 accepted

Mike Smart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2019

Thanks Venkatesh for the quick response.

I think I know the reasons for my issue.

When the the project was first setup it was done as a next gen type projects and not the classic style.

I created a new project, using the classic template and I'm getting what I expect.

Many thanks,

Mike

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2019

Hello @Mike Smart 

First can you open project settings?

When you open project settings you get something like this

Image result for project summary jira

In the middle of projest summary on the right side, beneath Roles, you will find permission and beneath that notifications

Under permissions, there is a scheme click on that

The current scheme will open

In the top right corrner, you will see Actions click on that and there you will see use a different scheme.

Permissions 2.PNG

Same goes for notification scheme 

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer