Project key changing do not match documentation

Karim Belhadj December 20, 2018

Hello Team

I'm using jira server 7.13 , i'm preparing my certefication , so reviewing the documentation , i read this .
**************************************************************************************
Links will work, whether they are inside Jira or from external sources. However, link aliases will not be updated — For example, if you have a link to an issue 'EXAMPLE-1' in the description of an issue, and you change the project key 'EXAMPLE' to 'DEMO', then the alias 'EXAMPLE-1' will not be updated to 'DEMO-1'. The link will still direct you to DEMO-1 though.
If you are using a gadget with a global filter, you will need to update the filter after the project is renamed.
*************************************************************************************
But when i apply this example :
1: The link alias change in real time with the new project key .
2: The global filter in dashbord work correctly without changing it with the new project key .

I need to understand why the documentation do not match the application in jira .

I need help please.

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Hi @Karim Belhadj,

Are you sure that you tested this with an link alias in the description of the issue.

Meaning [EXAMPLE-1|Link] does change to [DEMO-1|Link].

I have never seen this working. 

Try adding new issues and check if your global filter still work. I think,  they won't because Jira does the Old-To-New-Key-Mapping only for existing issues, not for new ones.

Karim Belhadj December 20, 2018

@Bastian Stehmann I added a new issue and my global filter still working correctly.

2. The same problem also with alias 

Really it look very very  weird

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events