Project Pivot is gadget disappeared from dashboard. Jira Software version 8.4.1

Charan Nagaraja January 13, 2020

Hello Team, We did regular updates to the managed apps and later we found that project Pivot gadget disappeared from dashboard. However we have jira service desk in separate instance and we can able to view the same gadget (Project Pivot). In order to fix this issue should I just restart the server or any other root cause to fix this issue?

Regards,

Charan Nagaraja

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Charan Nagaraja 

The project pivot gadget is a plugin 

Have you checked the manage apps page if the plugin version is compatible with the current Jira version and it is enabled? 

You may download the compatible versions here:

If you are unable to find an answer here in our community, you may also contact the plugin vendor directly here who supports the plugin. 

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

Hi Charan,

In order to fix this issue, I think, Jira restart may help, indeed.

There is no known problem with Jira 8.4.1, so if restart does not help, please check if there are any errors in browser console or in Jira server, and check if all add-on modules are enabled in Administration - Add-ons - Manage-apps. 

Thank you.

0 votes
Charan Nagaraja January 13, 2020

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for the quick response. I believe there is some miss communication. I have issues with dashboard gadgets ( Project Pivot ) which i believe is free plugin .I have attached image of the plugin. Please feel free to guide me if i missed out anything from end. 

Regards,

Charan N

Gadget.JPG

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Ahh thank you for the clarification. That was originally from timesheet plugin

There have been some announcements about these gadgets here:

I think you can find the new pivot gadget here:

Charan Nagaraja January 14, 2020

Adrian thank you so much for your inputs. Since we are on data center host removal of gadget in cloud is not applicable for us.  as per this link Please correct me if i am wrong.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-timesheet-reports-and-gadgets-removal-from-jira-cloud-792504481.html

It looks like the app is not free anymore ? if so is there any suggestible app which it costs nothing for now? 

Suggest an answer