Problems installing Jira on Max OSX 10.13

Dr. Alexander Loitsch February 13, 2018

I have installed Jira 7.7.1-standalone on my Max OSX 10.13.3. I can start jira and I can connect per "localhost:8080".

After opening the "localhost:8080" in my web browser, the configuration page opens and I can put the license inside and all the other informations indes.

But when it comes to the screen for creating the admin-user, a problem appears:

I get the error "Benutzer kann nicht hinzugefügt werden. Alle Benutzerverzeichnisse sind schreibgeschützt." (This means "Cannot add user. All User-Directories are "read-only".)

Which "User-Directories" are ment? Where can I find it? I have tested this with jira-runtime user "root". And I have tested this with jira-runtime user "jira" (All Jira-directories are owned by user jira). Same error!

Please help!

Best Regards,
Alexander

5 answers

0 votes
Filimonov_Vyacheslav March 4, 2019

Such an error will occur if you specify jira.home equal to the jira installation directory.

Create an empty folder on your desktop and specify it as jira.home in jira-application.properties

0 votes
Timo Keilbach September 22, 2018

I do have the same problem on postgresql with 7.11.1

0 votes
Darya Akbari June 14, 2018

Same problem here !

0 votes
Dr. Alexander Loitsch February 26, 2018

Still got no solution. Tried all  I can. Think I will use another product for Evaluation on MAC. Thx a lot.

Best Regards

Alexander 

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi,

• What database are you using?

I have seen this behavior when an unsupported database is being used.  Please verify the database you're using is on the Supported Platforms list for JIRA 7.7.1.  In addition please verify the permissions are setup according to the documentation for connecting your database to JIRA.

In addition, please take a look at the Communities post Jira 7 Setup All User Directories are read only for some suggestions to resolve this.  One user removed the dbconfig.xml file and restarted JIRA.  Going back through the setup resolved it for them while another user found it was due to the driver being used.

Please review the Supported platforms and the Community post I linked to above and let us know what you find.

Cheers,

Branden

Dr. Alexander Loitsch February 14, 2018

Thx a lot for the Information, Brandon.

I am using the h2db (shipped with Jira).

I have done the following steps:

• Stop Jira
  • Remove of "dbconfig.xml"-file.
  • Start Jira
  • Start of configuration procees per Webbrowser (localhost:8080)
  • Get "Error 500"-Page with the "skull"

Next step:

• Stop Jira
  • Moving back the old "dbconfig.xml" file
  • the "Error 500-skull page" still appears

What can I do now? :(

Please find nearby a link to the cataline logfile. Maybe this helps?

Cheers
Alex.

Suggest an answer