Problem with UTF-8 encoding in webhooks output string

Hi,

I have created a webhook in Jira 5.2.2. I have tried to output a simple String (JSON format) with special characters č, š, ž, ć, ... in (UTF-8 encoding)

• Expected result in string: ... "body": "Test: čšžćđ",
  • My result in string: ..."body": "Test: ?????",

Where can I find the the property to change encoding of the webhook data (to be UTF-8 encoded)?

Issues in Jira and email notifications have special characters. I have also installed the Atlassians beta plugin for saving issue as a file in JSON format. String in file looks as expected: "body" : ..."Test: čšžćđ".

The article about encoding in the JIRA Knowledge Base https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Internationalisation+and+Encoding+Troubleshooting did not help me.

Some "System Info" properties: webwork.i18n.encoding = UTF-8, -Dfile.encoding=utf-8.

All comments or references will be appreciated.
Thank you
Florjan

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Florjan,

I managed to replicate this behaviour on my end. Hence I have raised a but ticket to track this issue:

Webhook don't follow JIRA encoding format

I'd suggest you to add yourself as a watcher to be notify for any update regarding the bug.

Cheers,
Vicky

Incident has been resolved in version 6.1.

(I didn't test it yet.)

This widget could not be displayed.

Are there any workaround for JIRA Version 5.2.11. We cant update to newer version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

179 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you