Problem in Database Connection

Fernando Horn August 22, 2012

I have the 3.13.2 version of JIRA, and we had much access and application just crashing. I checked the logs and had this error:

"Unable to esablish the connection with the database. (Weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceLimitException: No resources currently available in pool JiraDS to allocate to applications, please power increase the size of the pool and retry ..)"

I believe it is the number of connections to the database that was exceeded. To do that I need to modify the server.xml file and the line "maxActive"?

Increasing this option I will have more connections and probably will not have that problem anymore, right?

Thanks and look forward to returning.

hugs

1 answer

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

The error suggests to me that you may be using WebLogic's JDBC to manage the database connection. I believe your observation is correct, but you'd have to alter the avaialble connections in the WL console rather than the server.xml

Fernando Horn August 22, 2012

Hello Tim, thanks for the reply :)

Okay, this matter of realizing the increased pool has already been made. Now I had another problem, I have had many changes in a custom field that I created: "Votes for". This custom field is of type "Votes". Many people accessed the issue and gave voting in favor. When the connection error happened, the votes zeroed and staff had to vote again one by one.

I think reindexing JIRA back to normal. What do you think?

The full error is this:

<08/08/2012 14h14min35s GMT-03:00> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017> <[ServletContext@502403284[app:i9plus module:i9plus path:/i9plus spec-version:null]] Root cause of ServletException.

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceLimitException: No resources currently available in pool JiraDS to allocate to applications, please increase the size of the pool and retry..)

at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.findByAnd(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:74)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.EagerLoadingOfBizCustomFieldPersister.getValuesForIssueId(EagerLoadingOfBizCustomFieldPersister.java:97)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.EagerLoadingOfBizCustomFieldPersister.getValuesForTypeAndParent(EagerLoadingOfBizCustomFieldPersister.java:75)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.persistence.OfBizCustomFieldValuePersister.getValues(OfBizCustomFieldValuePersister.java:59)

Caused By: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceLimitException: No resources currently available in pool JiraDS to allocate to applications, please increase the size of the pool and retry..)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.getConnection(SQLProcessor.java:239)

Thanks again Tim

twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Hi Fernando,
Could you expound on the timing of events?

Someone votes, suppose the vote count is 16.

You begin getting the error in the log, vote count is 0?

----

Does anything happen after this? Does the problem clear on it's own? Do you then try to vote again to drive the vote count up? Do you restart? Do you reindex?

Tim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events