Problem getting the Setup wizard after installation but logs show no errors

poornima guddettu February 25, 2014

Hi,

I have installed atlassian-jira-6.2-x64.bin (64 bit) on linux .Jira has been installed and I have added mysql jar to /opt/atlassian/jira/lib directory and restarted jira using /etc/init.d/jira start. I have checked both catalina.out and atlassian-jira logs but without any error. Still when I am trying to access my setup wizard through http:<IPADDRESS>:8080, am unable to access.I have been trying to evaluate and running out of time.Can you please get back on this.I have attached both logs.

I have installed earlier on windows and its working properly.However for our organization,we need it on remote server and its a linux machine.But I am unable to find any problem with the installation yet couldnt access setup wizard.

Thank you,

Poornima.G (catalina.out.txt) (atlassian-jiralog.txt)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

If you cannot access it via 'telnet host 8080', check if your iptables file (usually in /etc/sysconfig/iptables, but depends on the Lin distro) contains the line:

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

If not, you may need to reconfigure the firewal on that machine. Alternatively, you should talk with one of you sysadmins, maybe they have a transparent proxy, etc on that network.

poornima guddettu February 25, 2014

Hi Radu Dumitriu,

I have checked for the line in /etc/sysconfig/iptables and it is present.

Thank you.It worked. :)

I have one more query.

In /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins I can find only installed plugins folder whereas while installing through Windows,I had bundled and osgi plugins also.Still there are no plugins missing error in any of my log files.Why is it so!?

Thank you,

Poornima.G

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

what are the steps did you follow to solve this issue.

I'm also facing the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events