Private Custom Fields

Is there a way to have a custom field on a ticket that is private to only some users?

For instance, I want to have a notes field on a ticket, but I would only like the notes to be viewable by some users and not all....

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

Behaviours Plugin will also do the job and lots of more

One problem with behaviors plugin for this case, Jamie can correct me if wrong, is your detail will still be on the page - although hidden. People can check the html source for example and see it.

I wouldn't recommend for highly sensitive stuff. For simple cases, this might be more than enough.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll check this one out too!

oh i didn't knew about this...

Interesting error attempting to install Behaviours... "This plugin failed to enable. Your license may be invalid." It appears the plugin should be free, so I wonder why it's having a license issue...

2 votes

You cant have this in JIRA without some coding. Maybe the field security plugin will help.

Thanks, I am checking out this plugin now!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

688 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you