Private Custom Fields

Neil Taylor December 3, 2012

Is there a way to have a custom field on a ticket that is private to only some users?

For instance, I want to have a notes field on a ticket, but I would only like the notes to be viewable by some users and not all....

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Behaviours Plugin will also do the job and lots of more

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

One problem with behaviors plugin for this case, Jamie can correct me if wrong, is your detail will still be on the page - although hidden. People can check the html source for example and see it.

I wouldn't recommend for highly sensitive stuff. For simple cases, this might be more than enough.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll check this one out too!

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

oh i didn't knew about this...

Interesting error attempting to install Behaviours... "This plugin failed to enable. Your license may be invalid." It appears the plugin should be free, so I wonder why it's having a license issue...

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

You cant have this in JIRA without some coding. Maybe the field security plugin will help.

Thanks, I am checking out this plugin now!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events