Priority names per issue type

Thomas Burkhart October 13, 2011

Hi,

while evaluating JIRA, one thing that slightly annoys me is that you have the same priority naming for all issue types.

"Crtitcal" or "Blocker" ar fine for bug reports, but don't suit well for feature requests or new user storys.

Can they be defined on a pre issue type basis?

Best

Tom

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

There is a similar feature request has been raised and there are several workaround being posted in the feature request as well:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821

2 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

Hope this answers your question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15453/how-to-set-the-default-priority-for-a-gh-card Unfortunately the answer is no to your specific question.

0 votes
Support [Develocenter] September 4, 2016

You can try Extended Schemes for JIRA which provides Priority Schemes for particular Issue Types in particular Projects. This solution also includes schemes for Resolutions, Link Types and default values.

0 votes
Ian D December 11, 2011
I tend to agree with you. Given that you mention new user stories you're hopefully also using the Greenhopper plugin, and on its "planning board" you'll be Ranking issues (stories) moreso than prioritising them. The priority of Stories should be consistent: I.e. medium or low, or map consistent to MOSCOW, and you're deciding what the tackle next based on Rank. If you have a production system to also maintain at the same time, you're monitoring the bug queue and deciding/augmenting your plans based on the priority of the bugs - without messing up the business Planning Board (just tactical and strategic issues in Rank order). This is how we use it. Further, on the Agile "Rapid Board" you can easily put a filter to show only bugs, or stories. I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer