Plugins for Jira OnDemand Not Working?

Glen Swan March 5, 2013

Hello!

I have a Atlassian OnDemand Evaluation and I'm trying to add a plugin to that evaluation. It's saying I cannot add additional addons to what I already have. I wanted to find out what that exactly ment. The docmentation is spotty between "Plugin" and "Addon" terms in relation to OnDemand.

Thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

The nomenclature is changing because we want to make a distinction between actual 'plugins' and other kinds of add-ons that you can integrate with your products that aren't technically plugins (e.g. remote apps). So plugins are really a subset of 'add-ons'.

You cannot add plugins to your OnDemand instance, and that is not going to change. However, you will soon be able to add certain types of add-ons, namely those that use the remote apps framework. More information about remote apps can be found here:

2 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi Glen,

Regarding to the name change, there's no difference on the functionality. In JIRA, where it was previously mentioned as 'plugin' has become 'Add-Ons' on the newly releases.

Indeed, JIRA OnDemand does not support custom plugins -- sorry, I mean add-ons. It is already embeded with a set of default add-ons:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753&from=PQIYDw

There's no way to install any other add-on, only in JIRA standalone.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
Glen Swan March 5, 2013

What do you mean "Jira Standalone"? Do you mean, you can only add additional addons if you host Jira on your own hosting solutions?

If so, is there any articles on how to transition from Atlassian OnDemand Evaluation hosted by Atlassian to my server that I host? (i.e.: ensuring the database of existing content with confluence and issues with Jira are safely moved to my database.)

LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi Glen,

Yes. JIRA Standalone is a local JIRA installed on a server of yours.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

And if you want to migrate to it, here's the related documentation: Migrating from JIRA OnDemand to a JIRA Installed Site.

Suggest an answer