Plugin install spins

install.png

When attempting to upload a plugin "From my computer" the install spins for a long time.  Sometimes I give up after ten minutes.  Seems to affect both Confluence and JIRA.

If I attempt to upload a plugin from a URL I get this message:

Could not install the file http://host/data/software/jira/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-4.0.2.jar. Check that the file is valid.

(The file is valid according to jar -tvf filename.)

3 answers

1 accepted

Pretty sure it is a client problem.  I had success using a different PC at the office.

Hey Jason,

I see that the error attached is showing JIRA Misc workflow extensions where as screenshot shows Script runner plugin. Can you confirm where you are having trouble ?

In your dev environment,

• Uninstall Misc workflow extensions if installed already the above said.
  • Stop JIRA Service, Delete .bundled-plugins, .osgi-plugins under <Data Directory>\Application Data\plugins
  • Clear logs.  Check if directory permissions are correct.Start the JIRA service.
  • Check log file for any plugin errors. If JIRA starts up without any error in logs
    -- Upload the plugin and observe the logs.
  • Also try to install plugin by connecting to Atlassian market place
  • If JIRA starts up with any error in logs, fix them and then Upload the plugin and observe logs for more info.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 vote
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Dec 27, 2015
  1. Are you sure that loaded version of plugin is compatible with JIRA/Confluence version.Try to install a plugin form UPM
  2. Try to analise atlassian-jira.log. Perhaps you could find any erroe massages to help.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

90 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you