Plug-in/report for proper task and time tracking

Nika Aydinyan October 22, 2019

I'd like to have a proper report system to gather weekly and monthly insights regarding the efficiency of my team. Regular Jira reports do not represent info as it is, always get major errors and inconsistency in numbers.

Preferred points:

1. Amount of tasks completed in general and by each team member (breakdown by task types). 

2. Time spent on each task 

Since it's not a development team, we do not work within strict Scrum guidelines, we do not track time and do not have story points, this makes the 'Time spent' issue difficult. However, when we have the ticket in Kanban board, it automatically tracks time of how long a certain ticket has been in that column, is it possible to gather that info as 'Time spent'?

Are there any suitable plug-ins for this? 

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2019

Hello @Nika Aydinyan ,

Our team at OBSS created Time in Status app for this exact need. It is available for Jira Cloud, Server and Data Center.

Using Time in Status you can report how much time each issue spent on each status, each assignee or even each user group. (useful for calculating lead/cycle times and identifying bottlenecks in your process). You can also see the number of times each status or transition was used (very useful for inspecting things like reopen counts). You can also list the status entry/exit dates.

You can get sums or averages of issues, grouped by any issue field(s) you like.

You can produce reports based on the default 24/7 calendar or define your own business calendars with custom workdays and working hours. 

All data can be exported as XLS, XLSX, CSV.

Emre Toptancı

OBSS

Dana Gould December 9, 2019

@Emre Toptancı _OBSS_ 

This is a slightly off topic, but since Turkey is blocked by my company's firewall I can't reach out to Support or email directly and expect a reply to successfully reach us. 

We are using Time in Status and are finding that it is answering most of our needs in this regard. We have one area that we need additional help on:

When we build saved filters on Jira, we return, for example, 52 results. When we run that exact same saved filter on Time in Status a moment later, we return only 6 results. We're not sure what's causing this discrepancy. Currently, this is compromising our wholesale adoption of the tool. So our company is using the tool on individual tickets but is hesitant to run reports in the full application screen due to this inability to understand or correct this difference between the query on Jira's end and the plugin's end.

Any insight on the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2019

Hello @Dana Gould ,

The most likely cause is the date filter. Time in Status automatically adds a date clause to your selected filter. By default, the date filter filters issues of the last three months.

When you run a Time in Status report, you will see a JQL query at the bottom of the report. That JQL query is your filter query + the date clause. It is what filters the report data and is actually a link to issue navigator screen. If you click on it, you will be taken to issue navigator screen of Jira and can see what that query returns.

You can change the date clause using the date selection panel in the middle of Time in Status toolbar.

screenshot.png

EmreT

Like Dana Gould likes this
Dana Gould December 10, 2019

@Emre Toptancı _OBSS_  

This solved it - thank you! I knew it was probably something painfully obvious that I was missing. I didn't even think to look at the date filter.

Greatly appreciate all your help. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lime Trees October 22, 2019

Hi,

please have a look at our app Status History PRO and its special viewer which gives you opportunity to create report with tasks and their times in each status. You can use it without time logged, and create a solution that suits your needs.

More details can be found here.

Regards,

Lime Trees Support Team

Nika Aydinyan October 23, 2019

Hi

Thanks for your response, however, unfortunately, this App is not suitable for Cloud :/ 

Lime Trees October 23, 2019

Hi,

yup, at the moment we have only server version of this app.

Regards,

Lime Trees Support Team

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
April 5, 2020

You can use Status Time app. It generates status time report based on your working calendar.
StatusDurations-M.jpg 

If you are looking for a free app, you can try the free version, Status Time Free.
IssueScreenView-3.gif  

0 votes
Julia Denys _SaaSJet_ November 6, 2019

Hi @Nika Aydinyan

You might look at the plugin Time in Status for Jira Cloud, it has a lot of functionality that I think you might be interested in. As the name might suggest, it works for cloud version :)

1. You can choose not only to generate the Time in Status report, but also Assignee Time, Average Time, Status Entrance Date, Time in Status per Date, Status Count, and Transition Count.
  2. Breakdown your time reports with advanced filtering by sprint, project, filter, report, label, and assignee (also by issue creation, update, and resolution date)
  3. You are able to see the grid report right after opening the plugin
  4. You can look at your report as pie, bar and area charts to have a simple and yet "all in one place" view on your data
  5. Export your reports both as an excel file and charts to dive deeper into the analysis.

This plugin has more metrics and reports generating features I think might be helpful for you.

Nika Aydinyan November 6, 2019

Will definitely try, thank you!

Like Julia Denys _SaaSJet_ likes this
Julia Denys _SaaSJet_ November 6, 2019

Glad to help you!

If you'll have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Suggest an answer