Pie chart duplicating custom field

Kashif Zamir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

Is there an alternative gadget we can use instead of the pie chart, as the pie chart gadget has a known issue of displaying duplicate values, if multiple context exist, containing same values.  See KB article here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-pie-chart-is-showing-duplicate-values-or-options-on-jira-dashboards-1189493463.html#:~:text=If%20a%20custom%20field%20is,values%20by%20the%20Pie%20Chart.

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Kashif Zamir,

Our Great Gadgets app offers a Pivot Table & Pivot Chart gadget that can be a good alternative to the Jira's pie chart. 

It can display single pie charts

image.png

or multiple pie charts in the same gadget

image.png

The gadgets is very flexible and let's you create not only pie charts, but also multi-dimensional tables, heat-map tables or charts of various types.

You could start with 1 month of free trial. If you need any help, feel free to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Hope this helps.

Danut.

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2024

Hi Kashif, have you replicated this issue in the cloud?  That article mentions the issue is for Data Center/ Server only.  I just took a look at Atlassian's Jira site and couldn't find any related issues.  

Do you have some examples to try and replicate the issue?

Kashif Zamir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Hi Dan,

Yes, we have Jira cloud instance and the issue has been confirmed by user and we have also confirmed this is the case. 

We attempted to clean up the multiple context menus which are setup for this particular custom field but this will impact tickets loosing the previously set field value, if a context menu is edited/deleted.  We therefore don't wish to take this approach, unless we can somehow ensure this field is not affected in tickets, if we do delete a context menu.

The custom field is called "Business Unit" and it has a default context menu, listing various "teams" or "business units" across our business.  We have created various context menus and assigned them to various projects, so that the users only see the relevant list of business units.

The issue arises as some "teams" or "business units" are replicated across the multiple context menus.

EAMPLE:

Business Unit Default Context: Team A, B, C, D, E, F

Context menu for project X: Team A,C,F

Context menu for project Y: Team B,C,D,F

So rather than editing/deleting existing context menus, we were wondering if there is another dashboard gadget i.e. bar chart or other type which could work instead?

Regards,

Kashif

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events