Personalized Jira Checklist

Shaily_Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2020

Hi Team,

Good Morning.

I want to add smart checklist for JIRA stories. This checklist will have following items as a part of mandatory fields.

Issue Type

Summary

Priority

EPIC Link

Assignee

Sprint 

Description

Acceptance Criteria

The reason why I want it to implement is ,every story creator should be aware that these are the basic mandatory fields that has to be updated . If any of these criteria is missing ,checklist should show the rating as 6/7.

So please let me know does this involve extra cost on the part of company and also can we add this smart checklist template in Jira.

Regards

Shaily

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

Hi Shaily, when you refer to “smart checklist for Jira” are you actually speaking of the addon?

If so, I’m unsure why the addon would be needed at all for your requirement at all. Jira provides a means of making fields required at Create (or any other transition) OOTB. I use the Fields required Validator in the workflow properties to achieve this. By doing so the reporter will not be able to create the issue without completing all required fields first.

Shaily_Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2020

Hi Jack, Thanks for prompt action.

I am looking for 2 fields - One is Smart checklist and other one is Definition of Done.

Coming to Smart checklist ,I feel your response is what exactly I was looking for but I would need your assistance on this part - I use the Fields required Validator in the workflow properties to achieve this. By doing so the reporter will not be able to create the issue without completing all required fields first.Could you please tell me how to proceed for this.

And the other one  - Definition of Done ,I am looking for the below template to be added in JIRA so that creator follows all these steps.

• All the acceptance criteria of the user story are met.
  • Data are reviewed,updated and sent for approval.
  • Functional tests are performed by approver team.
  • Approver team gives thumps up for test,if it is passed.
  • If not passed,change has to done.
  • Change has been deployed and resent for approval
  • Approved by team - change passed test
  • Implementation

Regards

Shaily

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

For the Validator...

• here is a good article 
  • note I believe this is part of the Jira Toolkit plug-in so if you don’t see Field required check that you have it installed under Apps. If the create screen doesn’t already have all of the fields that you want be sure to add them or create a new screen for this. Go to Project settings > workflows and edit the workflow in question. In Diagram mode click on the Create transition and then on Validator. Select Field required Validator and then select the field. Repeat for each required field.

regarding the checklist I don’t use that addon but would recommend you review their documentation. I actually use a different checklist addon. It sounds like you wish to ensure that all of those checklist items are marked as complete before the issue can be moved to Done. It should be pretty straightforward. I know it is in the addon I use.

1 vote
Alina Kachan_Railsware_ May 20, 2020

Hi @Shaily_Jain !

In case you are using our Smart Checklist add-on, it does let you validate the checklist completion before an issue can be moved to any other state in the workflow. Please refer to this article for guidance. 

Feel free to also write in to us at smartchecklist@railsware.com so we can help you out with the setup of your flow. 

Cheers,

Alina

Suggest an answer