Permission Scheme and Script Runner Error email

Jon March 22, 2019

Hi,

I have a script runner listener set up and if there is an error there is an email sent. (my error here is another story). When this happens I get an email and that email goes out to everyone in the project. how do I set it up so it only comes to me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that by default ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is configured to notify the administrators of a Jira instance when a script fails as well as the assignee and reporter as described in the documentation page for the plug-in's settings located here.

In order to change who will get notified when a script fails then you will need to specify a new group containing just your user inside of the Notifications Group box on the settings page.

You will also want to ensure that the Notify Assignee and Reporter option is toggled to off on the settings page, in order to avoid these getting emailed when a script execution fails.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer