Performance issues when using multiple filters

neelam annad May 14, 2020

Performance issues when using multiple filters in Jira3 or in confluence Jira macro -

if I run the below query it works fine-

project = xxxxxxx and issuetype in (story, task, spike) and status not in (open, closed)

bur if I convert it into multiple filters from reusability perspective I get  performance issues -

project = xxxxxxx and filter = “Open status missing summary”

”Open status missing summary” filter - issuetype in (story, task, spike) and status not in (open, closed)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

It's because the "filter =" function runs the query many times, stores the results and then has to re-read them again when it matches the other clauses.

neelam annad May 14, 2020

What is the better way to create reusable filters? I have many projects that needs to run the filter I created - “Open status missing summary”.

i don’t want to create multiple filters for different projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

There is no "better" way - you're choosing convenience at the cost of inefficiency

neelam annad May 15, 2020

Intent is for all the 100  teams in the company  to use the same 50 data quality queries what they need to do for their dashboard is to add only the project name like I showed above..

so I will be giving the filters to them. This way only 50 queries to be created, otherwise 100*50 queries...

Rally used to allow that. That’s why asked the question, by creating filters but performance is very slow 

Like Matthew Gately likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2020

Why are you dictating reporting to teams that are supposed to be self-organising?

neelam annad May 26, 2020

This is towards standard queries related to issues data quality exceptions that every team need to run and fix those exceptions. So scrum master can create those dashboards etc.

Suggest an answer