Partitioned Pie Chart available?

Yokai-FTW February 4, 2023

I'm fairly new to Jira so spending a lot of time googling for answers. I'm not sure how to phrase a search for what I want, so here I am!

I have 3 different Epic types that are differentiated by labels.  We'll call them "plan", "do it", and "verify" that each have various tasks in them. I have a filter that returns all the tasks from these epics and displays them sorted by status.  

What I'd prefer is the chart to be segmented by Epic type, and then display the count by status for the tasks in each Epic.  I could get the same effect with 3 separate charts of course but prefer to have it in a single chart. (In Excel, it would be sort by "type", and then sort by "status". if that helps clarify.)

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2023

Hi @Yokai-FTW ,

If I understood correctly, you could search the issues under an epic type using a filter or JQL query as described here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Getting-stories-related-to-all-any-epic-with-specific-label/qaq-p/1108374

And then, add a pie chart gadget with the statistic type 'status'. Would that work?

Yokai-FTW February 4, 2023

Almost.  That's what I currently have.  It's like a typical pie chart.  What I'd like is more nested.  Something like this:

The inner ring has the browser and the outer ring has the percentages of revisions used.

That example is inside out of what I was thinking with an outer ring of the number of each type of Epic, and the inner ring having the count the tickets of each status. 

Suggest an answer