Operator ~ is not supported in JQL searches

yonimoses January 10, 2020

Hi All,

I'm writing a small plugin, and i've used TextCFType.

When I'm searching for the values in JQL, i can use the = operator, but when trying the ~ operator I'm getting the The operator '~' is not supported by the XX field.

Any ideas why?

2 answers

1 vote
Howard Nedd March 15, 2021

Same problem. I have the search template already set to Free Text Searcher. Still getting the same error.

Petr Michna June 14, 2021

Hi Howard,
I have same problem and it looks that (in my case) root cause are 2 CFs with same name but different type. I have one text field (single line) and one numbered field. Both have same name. If I rename numbered field then I can use ~ operator in JQL for text field. If I change name back, then ~ operator is not available for text field.

BR
Petr

Like Howard Nedd likes this
Petr Michna June 14, 2021

Hi again,

if you have same problem like me (2 CFs with same name), you can use CF Id instead of field name, then you get ~ operator.
Something like: cf[12345] ~ "text"

BR
Petr

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

Hi

Go to custom fields, then edit custom filed from gear icon, then check for Search Template of TextCFType to be set to Free Text Searcher.

Suggest an answer