One project with separated boards

Mikołaj Koropecki April 11, 2017

Hey, guys my project consist of 2 parts (not same as Jira components):

Design

Code

They are all under one project. I've created 2 separate boards for them to split Design issues and Code issues. However every single issue I create is visible in both boards.

I think I am missing something, can you guys point me in the right direction?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

A board is a view of a set of underlying issues, and the issues shown are the ones selected by the board filter.

You have not said how you are telling JIRA how an issue is either "design" or "code", beyond telling us it is not via components. 

If you are doing it with, for example, a custom field, then the answer is easy - change the board filters. 

For Board 1, say something like "project = X and your_custom_field = design"

For Board 2, say something like "project = X and your_custom_field = code"

But I am guessing, your filters absolutely depend on what you're putting into JIRA to distinguish the two types.

Mikołaj Koropecki April 11, 2017

Ok, I know what you mean that will work fine. Can I filter issues to each board by component field?

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2017

Yes you can use the component field in the queries Nic showed above. Instead of your_custom_field put component =

Suggest an answer