On Sprint completion Issues from specific state aren´t moved to new sprint

SidPin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2018

When closing the sprint, we're asked "do you want to move the unfinished issue to: the backlog?" with the to switch backlog to "next sprint".

Unfortunately today I forgot to change it to "next sprint" - why isnt that the default!?

Is there any EASY way to tell jira to move all outstanding tasks from the last sprint to the new sprint?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Hi There,

Welcome on Community!

Short answer would be "No" but there's definitely something to do!

You can use the end of sprint reports from Jira Agile to get the list of not completed issues and bulk change them to new sprint, that would be the shortest option in my opinion. You can also look at the sprint field in JQL and find all issues in latest Sprint with a status being different than "Done" (or any set of final statuses you use).

I do think the default behaviour is to offer to move to next sprint when closing one, the only pre-requisite is that next sprint should be created already.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events