Notify a group of users when an issue of a specific type is created

Mike Freislich July 3, 2012

Hi there,

I'm wanting to notify a group of users when an issue of a specific type e.g. "Outage Notify" is created. Is there a simple way to do this? It doesn't look like the custom events / notifier sub-system supports filtering the issue type before processing an action. Is there some other way to do this?

I have seen an old Listener plugin that allows for this, but obviously, with the hosted version of Jira, I'm unable to install this. The plugin is called the Group Mail Notifier and can be found here:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JGMN/Group+Mail+Notification+upon+creating+an+issue+of+specific+type)

Kind regards,

Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Hi Mike,

Define a group custom field and add a context for your project and issue type "Outage Notify". Define the default value of the field in this context as the group you want to notify. Add the group custom field to the "Issue Created" event in your notification scheme

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2012

Hi Mike,

you can create a custom event and and a custom workflow for your specific type. If the issue is created you can throw your custom event.

In your notification scheme, you have to define who will be informed if your custom event is thrown.

Best regards

Thomas

Suggest an answer